Places your Dominican Republic Escort loves in Santiago, DR
Santiago, the Dominican Republic’s second largest city, is known as a bustling area with lots to see and do. Less popular with tourists than Santo Domingo, the city retains an authentic vibe. But among its many monuments and museums, the Barrio Italia stands out as one of the city’s most rapidly evolving districts. It’s spent the last few years morphing from a historically blue-color neighborhood to become one of the trendiest areas in the city, and it shows. The entire district is packed with boutique coffee shops, gelaterias, and cafes. New stores have popped up inside old homes. Art galleries mingle in with vendors. And, best of all, Barrio Italia rocks some amazing food. You can spend days attempting to eat your way through the Barrio and not get through it all. From quick stops to signature dining, the Barrio has it all.
It’s got a number of restaurants that will tantalize your tastebuds. Take a beautiful Dominican escort here on a nice night out. Barrio Italia is that kind of place- electric and buzzing with activity.
So where should you go?
- Taberna Andaluza– Taberna Andaluza is an authentic Spanish restaurant tucked away in the heart of the Barrio. Order some tapas and gazpacho and watch the world go by.
- Casa Luz– an excellent place for a date, Casa Luz is an upscale restaurant serving modern experimental fare. It’s not considered cheap by Dominican Republic standards, so be prepared. The food, however, is exemplary, and the wine list is one of the best you’ll find in the city, so she’ll be suitably impressed.
- Da Noi– It’s not named the Barrio Italia for nothing. Da Noi is an Italian restaurant with excellent handmade pasta. Very fresh, completely filling, it’s an wonderful place to kill a few hours while waiting for the sun to set. (And the dancing to start! After all, you are in the Dominican Republic).
- Puerto De La Barra– Last, but certainly not least, the Puerto De La Barra is a healthy eating option for those days when you’re feeling like you need a few vegetables in your life. The highest rated restaurant in the entire Barrio, it sports a huge, open, salad bar with plenty of options.
But wait! What about after dinner?
Like we mentioned, the Barrio has tons of little cafes and ice cream shops. But it also has its very own chocolate shop.
- Xoco Por Ti is a lovely little place on a corner which creates and sells gourmet chocolate. An excellent stop for an after dinner dessert, treat your date to some handcrafted candies for a cap to a truly wonderful evening.
Finally, head to Ruca Bar for their specialty Gin and Tonics. They’ve got a whopping twelve different Gin drinks for you to try, which certainly means you’ll have to be back a time or two. Right?
The Barrio Italia is one of Santiago’s best new locations to visit. It’s unique, authentic, and nearly empty of tourists, which means you’ll get to experience the best of the Dominican Republic without wading through the hordes of people. Have a coffee, enjoy your company, and enjoy the food. And welcome to the Dominican Republic!
Five Best Resorts in the Dominican Republic for Every Kind of Traveler
Long known as one of the best places in the Caribbean to visit for good food, great beaches, and even better people, the Dominican Republic is home to multitudes of amazing resorts. So many, in fact, it can be hard to choose exactly which one you want! That’s why we’ve compiled the best ones here, for you, no matter what kind of Dominican Republic travel you want to do.
For Luxury- Eden Roc, Cap Cana
If money is no object, then the Eden Roc hotel at Cap Cana is where you need to be. An entirely boutique hotel, it sports just 86 rooms, all of which are suites. Such a small hotel means the level of service you receive is attentive and exquisite, just like every other aspect of this hotel. From its white sand beaches to the five restaurants within the resort, everything about the Eden Roc screams luxury. Its the winner of numerous awards, such as the World’s Most Romantic 2016, Best Beach Resorts in the Caribbean, and Best Hotels for Destination Weddings.
For Beaches- Zoetry Agua Casino Punta Cana
Rated #4 out of all Dominican Republic resorts, review after review mentions the gorgeous beaches, and a look at the hotel’s website shows why. It markets itself as a wellness resort, and its photos are truly stunning. If horseback riding on the beach doesn’t pique your interest, then one of the many other activities surely will- from morning yoga to the spa retreat, you’ll always find something to keep you occupied at the Zoetry- and if not, the beach chairs are always open.
For All-Inclusive- Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Though many resorts in the Dominican Republic are all-inclusive, few are as nice as the Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro. It’s an adults-only resort located, of course, on the beach in Punta Cana. It features four restaurants and three pools plus two jacuzzis, in case you didn’t have enough bubbles with your champagne. It also offers tons of activities, from tai-chi to windsurfing, so you’ll definitely feel like you’ve gotten your money’s worth.
For Parties- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana
But what if you aren’t in the Dominican Republic for a margarita on the beach with your honey? What if you’re down with a group of friends and all you want to do is get sloppy, put on your best Hawaiian shirt, and dance the night away? If that sounds like your kind of party, then the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana is the place for you. It’s massive, with the largest (45,000 sq ft) casino on the island, and its huge space means you’ll find plenty of places to hang out with friends old and new.
For Singles- Breathless Punta Cana
And then there are times when you want to go down, have a few nice meals, and meet some new people. The clubs at Breathless are busy, and this adults-only
resorts makes it their business to keep their clients entertained. Enjoy the pools, the food and the music, but most especially enjoy the people. You’ll love them.
Enjoy your stay while in this beautiful country, there is so much to see and do. And if you ever need a beautiful Dominican Republic Escort or two to join you for your stay, don’t hesitate to contact us a DominicanDreamGirl.com